Session 1 – XP Rewards: 7 (Character Survived: 2, Completed All Objectives: 2, Adventure Challenge: 1, Good Feelings Run: 2)
The local pub, The Tap and Tumbler, was quite the entertainment venue last night. What started as an “interesting” performance by Diamond, the “talented” and flashy niece of our local Man of High Esteem, almost turned into a fiery massacre.
A dozen outsider perps of low character crashed the party and quietly started chaining up all the exits. It seems however, that we actually have some compatent locals who decided these misfits needed a good ol British flogging.
The highlights of the night certainly had nothing to do with Diamond so here is a small breakdown for those unluckily enough to miss The Vineyards best night in months.
- Apparently our newly arrived elf is the best thing out of Ireland after potatoes and Guinness. Some impressive knife-work would give many a Scouser (liverpodlian) a run for their money. Good to see he didn’t fall to far from the Irish stereotypes with the flashy bottle cut, catch and scull. I give it an “A” for awesome.
- Bill, out local drifter and project of Aunty Delilah rocked up as some security. He might be as oblivious as a deaf and dumb bull but when he has a target, he certainly charges like one. 1 door open and one ganger eating out of a straw for life. And was anyone else amused by the scurrying ganger, I had expected him to appear in the troll’s top as Bill tried playing whack a mole over himself. Note to self, do not bring a knife to a troll fight, they seem very ineffectual.
- Well, isn’t Max a gentleman, our local Frenchman with a wonderful accent and slick skills. Not only did he leap to Diamond’s defence (though I didn’t see him trying to save other people from her singing), he also brought her a calming drink in the middle of the chaos. Smooth. Also kudos for convincing some local hooligans to beat up some toughs who weren’t Frenchmen, normally a tough choice for some of our lower-brow locals.
- And last and not least, there appears to have been some magic thrown around in the night. Revisiting the footage, it appears the adorable Rune in his “security” outfit has some secrets. Either that, or whomever decides cross him has some amazingly bad luck with exploding bottles, strange concussive like explosions and other supernatural effects. For those who are interested, I have made gifs out the gangers who covered themselves in their own molotive cocktails and then ran in terror from their own lighter wielding friends. While he might be confident in a fight, Rune’s eyes seemed to have trouble staying in their sockets around Diamond.
A mild kudos also to Diamond whose knife work turned out to be better then her singing ability.
Anyway, no fire got started, no blazing inferno and a surprisingly low amount of injuries, well done boys, I think you have won yourselves some fans in the area.
Anyway, Frankie showed up with Thug 1 and Thug 2 and took control.
Anyway, moving forwards, seemed our four won themselves some respect, the respect that turns you into a taxi for a spoiled brat. But nothing ever goes smooth for some and it appears that got in the middle of some Tong issues. A couple of lessons I took away from the 7-11 camera feed.
- When you interrupt a troll’s kegger party of 1, be prepared for him to share it with you. Violently. Ewwww. This girl wants some mind bleach for that.
- Don’t bring a gun to an Irish knife fight, or at least where thicker armour. Have to admit, watching Ruari in action is something I could start to enjoy. So fast.
- Can Rune get any sweeter, not only did he heroically leap to the defence of a mother and her children by causing “accidents” to happen to bad people, he also tended to them and seemed to instantly make them feel better. Strange. What a well raised young man, take note you jackass teenagers.
- Give way to a frenchman, they do not care, they will mow your ass down. And talk about a man of his word, not only did he plant some Tongs on their ass, he continued to drop off his
skank, sorry, passenger, home and on time. Dependability is something that can be in short supply nowadays.
Anyway, the mother and children are safely dropped off in their turf and the night ends happily for all it seems.
Skittish – Blogging about your miserable lives here in the stretch.